Subject: Cultural Heritage Search Engine

Cultural Heritage Search Engine

From: Sergio Tine <sergio>
Date: Wednesday, January 15, 2003
It is said that "Internet is like the union of all the libraries of
the world, where however someone has had a good time throwing all
the books down from the shelves." In spite of over 5 billion web
pages, the greatest and most effective of the search engines has
found little of it, more than 2 billion. Classification offers the
only possibility of tracking down this enormous accumulation of
information that is the web. Our office
<URL:http://www.culturalheritage.net/About.htm> has wanted to put in
order and facilitate the searching of the web pages concerning
conservation and the restoration. Culturalheritage.net
<URL:http://www.culturalheritage.net> is a search engine (not
commercial) devoted to the themes of the conservation and the
restoration exclusively.

In our database  are available numerous categories and subcategories
where we can insert specific web pages. An interesting category
(under construction) is Papers--Technical Notes. In this section the
articles can be inserted related to the conservation. We invite
researchers to add their web pages at the following address:
<URL:http://www.culturalheritage.net/cgi-bin/search/add_url.cgi>

Sergio Tine
Architectural Conservator
Office Coordinator