Subject: Position at West Lake Conservators Ltd.

Position at West Lake Conservators Ltd.

From: Susan Blakney <westlakers>
Date: Monday, January 13, 2003
Associate Conservator
Paper Conservator
Full-time Permanent Position
West Lake Conservators Ltd.

West Lake Conservators, a 28 year old private practice, known for
specializing in  the conservation of paintings, frames, textiles,
paper objects and photographic materials seeks a paper conservator
to add to its staff.  Located in the scenic Finger Lakes region of
central New York state, Skaneateles is a charming historic town
located 20 miles from Syracuse, NY.  Our established paper lab
extends our preservation services to an existing clientele of small
to mid-sized museums, libraries, historical societies, and private
clients. The Associate conservator,  reporting to the chief
conservator and managing partners, is responsible for the
supervision, maintenance, and work flow co-ordination of the paper
lab as well as the treatment and supporting documentation of paper
objects and photographic materials.

Requirements: Candidates must have a graduate level degree in
conservation plus 3 years professional experience, or equivalent
knowledge and abilities.

Applicant must be capable of working independently on a broad range
of paper objects and photographic materials including: Fine art,
library and archival holdings, and  oversize objects.

Applicants must possess experience with performing on-site
preservation and conservation surveys, workshops, disaster recovery,
consulting, and public outreach with a variety of institution and
private clients.

Applicants  must demonstrate a propensity for keeping abreast of
current research and new materials in the field.  Independent
research and contributions to our field are encouraged.

IBM Computer skills are required, including proficiency with:
QuickBooks, MSOffice (with spreadsheet and database accompaniments),
and digital imaging software

Salary range 29,120 to 33,280 plus year end bonus, fiscal year
profit sharing, and medical benefits. Availability of flexible hours
and an informal work atmosphere create an appealing work
environment. Please visit our web site at
<URL:http://westlakeconservators.com>

Send letter of interest, resume and three professional references
to:

    Susan Blakney, Chief Conservator
    PO Box 45
    Skaneateles, NY 13152
    315-685-8534
    Fax: 315-685-0027

                Distributed: Wednesday, January 15, 2003