Subject: Accreditation

Accreditation

From: Neill McManus <neillm>
Date: Sunday, January 12, 2003
As member of IPC approaching a date I can apply for accreditation and
in relation to the AIC's certification debate over the past few
months. I am interested to hear from members of IPC and Society of
Archivists who underwent the accreditation process over the last 4
years or choose not to participate.

Has the last four years produced any change in your working
relationships? Has accreditation lived up to your expectations or
worst fears? What are the feelings of accredited/non-accredited
members who live in countries professionally isolated or distant
from IPC/SoA meetings and courses? How was the accreditation
process for conservators not eligible for the fast track?

Neill McManus
Book Conservator
Jewish National and University Library
Jerusalem

                Distributed: Wednesday, January 15, 2003