Subject: Preservation Issues in Small to Mid-Sized Libraries Discussion Group

Preservation Issues in Small to Mid-Sized Libraries Discussion Group

From: Beth Schobernd <beth>
Date: Monday, January 13, 2003
The ALCTS/PARS Preservation Issues in Small to Mid-size Libraries
Discussion Group will meet Sunday morning (1/26/2003) 8:30-11 in the
Hawthorn Suites, Boardroom A.  (NOTE: The online schedule lists this
meeting 4:30-5:30 Sunday. This error will be corrected in the
printed schedule.) We will be looking at preservation issues in
remote storage facilities.  Our speakers are Claire Q. Bellanti,
Director of the University of California Southern Regional Library
Facility and Bill Overton, VP of Sales and Operations at Wm. B.
Meyer, Inc.  Other business to be addressed is the need for a new
chair or co-chairs of the discussion group.  Andy Damico and Beth
Schobernd will be stepping down after Annual 2003.  Anyone
interested in chairing this wonderful group is asked to contact Andy
(adamico [at] mailhost__tcs__tulane__edu) or Beth (emschob [at] ilstu__edu) before
ALA or see Beth at ALA.

Beth Schobernd
Associate Dean of Libraries
Milner Library, Illinois State University
Campus Box 8900
Normal IL  61790-8900
309-438-3481
Fax: 309-438-3676

                Distributed: Wednesday, January 15, 2003