Subject: Preventive conservation policies

Preventive conservation policies

From: Wilma Bouwmeester <wbouwmeester>
Date: Monday, January 13, 2003
Sue Renault <sue.renault [at] nmgw__ac__uk> writes

>I work at the Museum of Welsh Life and I am presently trying to
>draft a Preventive Conservation Policy for our largely open-air
>site.  I am interested in hearing from anyone who has a Preventive
>Conservation Policy and would be willing to let me look at it for
>ideas of topics that we need to include in ours.

The National Trust for Scotland has a Collections Care Policy, which
covers the general aims of caring for the collections in Historic
Houses. Although it concentrates on collections rather than
buildings, it may contain some sections of use. A copy will be
passed directly to the enquirer.

Wilma Bouwmeester, Senior Conservator
The National Trust for Scotland
Wemyss House
28 Charlotte Square
Edinburgh EH2 4ET
UK
+44 131 243 9508

                Distributed: Wednesday, January 15, 2003