Subject: Cellophane tape

Cellophane tape

From: Niamh Brennan <nbrennan>
Date: Friday, January 10, 2003
I am currently processing a collection of minutes of meetings of
local authority records, in bound volumes. Four of the later volumes
of minutes (1970's/1980's) are on sheets of A4 paper which have been
cellotaped onto the pages of the bound volumes.

In two of the volumes the problem has been compounded because double
sided cellophane tape was used in between the back of the A4 sheet
of paper and the volume page- top and bottom and on the sides in
some cases; and the actual tape itself seems to have seeped into the
paper, making it impossible to remove. I would like advice from list
members on how to deal with this problem.

Niamh Brennan
Archivist,
Donegal County Archives Service,
Donegal County Council,