Subject: University of Texas Preservation and Conservation Studies Program

University of Texas Preservation and Conservation Studies Program

From: Ellen Cunningham-Kruppa <e.cunnk>
Date: Thursday, January 9, 2003
Preservation and Conservation Studies (PCS) of the University of
Texas at Austin School of Information is accepting applications for
entry for summer and fall 2003 to study conservation or preservation
administration.

Since 1981, PCS has set the standard for library and archival
collections care.  By providing professional education for students
from diverse backgrounds, PCS prepares people to accept one of
society's great challenges: preserving and maintaining access to
information. Graduates of PCS are employed in the nation's premier
institutions (Library of Congress, National Archives and Records
Administration, Smithsonian, Harvard, Columbia, Yale, Rutgers, New
York Public Library, Newberry Library) and in conservation treatment
facilities such as the Conservation Center for Art and Historic
Artifacts in Philadelphia.

If you are interested in the PCS program, please contact me.  For
general information about PCS, please visit our web site
(<URL:http://www.ischool.utexas.edu/~pcs>). I look forward to
hearing from you.

Ellen Cunningham-Kruppa
Assistant Director, Preservation and Conservation Studies
The Center for the Cultural Record
The University of Texas at Austin
School of Information
1 University Station D7000