Subject: Fire suppression systems

Fire suppression systems

From: Laramie Hickey-Friedman <lhickey-friedman>
Date: Thursday, January 2, 2003
This query is forwarded from our Grounds and Security Department. I
will pass along the comments and discussion. Thank you.

    I would like to ask any museums who have recently been built (or
    currently under construction) or who have recently undergone
    major renovations which fire suppression system they have chosen
    to install. If it's gas, which one?  If a sprinkler system, wet
    or dry pipe? And, of course, why this chosen method?  We are
    currently replacing our Halon system and any feedback is
    appreciated.  Also, if any museums have already replaced their
    Halon systems we'd love to hear which system they choose and
    why.

    Kelly Pike
    Building, Grounds and Security
    The Menil Collection