Subject: IR spectra of ink

IR spectra of ink

From: Sigurdur Jakobsson <sigjak>
Date: Wednesday, December 18, 2002
I have been asked by the Arni Magnusson Institute in Iceland to
examine inks on medieval manuscripts by FTIR. This is new to me and
I do not have access to spectra of iron gall inks or other inks or
related compounds used on old manuscripts. I would therefore like to
ask if anyone receiving this has such spectra and is willing to
share them or if you can direct me to someone willing to help.

Dr. Sigurdur Jakobsson
Science Institute, Univ. of Iceland
Geology Building
101 Reykjavik