Subject: Disaster resources in UK

Disaster resources in UK

From: Angels Arribas <aarribas>
Date: Tuesday, December 17, 2002
    author.

After evaluating National Galleries of Scotland (NGS) own experience
with flood damaged materials and also bearing in mind the recent
floods in Europe the NGS Paper Conservation Department is proposing
to compile an open and working list of contact names and addresses
of UK companies and institutions with vacuum freeze drying
facilities and/or large conventional freezers which are suitable for
storing works of art/museum objects.

We would be grateful if you would like to collaborate with us by
sending me an email/fax/letter with the relevant contact information
and a brief description of the facilities available.

    Company / Organisation name:
    Contact person / Department:
    Address:
    Fax:
    Email address:

We are planning to make the list available in March 2003.  Thank you
very much. Kind regards.

Angels Arribas
Paper and Photographs Conservator
National Galleries of Scotland
Conservation Department
75 Belford Road
Edinburgh EH4 3DR
Scotland  UK
Fax: +44 131 332 6832

                Distributed: Thursday, December 19, 2002