Subject: Cacotheline

Cacotheline

From: Martin Obrien <martinjob>
Date: Wednesday, December 11, 2002
Howard B. Wellman <wellman [at] dhcd__state__md__us> writes

>I am trying to find a small supply (ca. 5 grams) of Cacotheline
>(Nitrobruciquinone hydrate) for doing tin spot-tests.  Does anyone
>know of a supplier?  I have tried all the usual big lab suppliers,
>as well as a few of the smaller, and they all say it's hard to get.

Regarding chemical suppliers, I have found that Tri-ess sciences in
California is a good source for small and unusual chemicals.  You
may or may not have contacted them, but here goes:
<URL:http://www.tri-esssciences.com>

Martin O'Brien
Wooden Objects Conservator
Winston-Salem, NC

                Distributed: Thursday, December 19, 2002