Subject: Certification

Certification

From: Jack C. Thompson <tcl>
Date: Wednesday, December 11, 2002
At one point in the movie, Schindler's List a young Jewish woman, an
engineer, complains to her captor that her prison is not being built
to accepted standards.

She is shot and killed.

Her captor then directs that the construction be redone. According
to accepted standards.

Something similar seems to be happening within AIC.

AIC's elected and appointed management says that buildings are good;
they keep the rain off and exclude drafts.

But there are some who believe that the buildings are not being
built to realistic standards.

If you would examine opinions concerning those standards, simply go
to: <URL:http://palimpsest.stanford.edu/> and from there to Google
and type in:  (Jack C. Thompson + certification) or: (Niccolo
Caldararo + certification)

And bring along a large cup of coffee or tea, or beverage of your
choice; there is a lot to read through.  Follow the links; all of
the links.

What you will not read there is Barbara Appelbaum's letter to me,
dated 23 February, 1986.  She will not permit me to publish that
letter, which details how the AIC Board of Directors '...strongly
censored' what came out of the Certification Committee which she
chaired at the time.

It is an interesting letter.

To my mind, AIC has yet to develop the maturity to implement a
program of certification.

They hope that you are lemmings, willing to race off a precipice
without care for the rocks below.

I hope that you will take a moment to seriously consider the gravity
of the situation.

Jack
Thompson Conservation Lab.
7549 N. Fenwick
Portland, Oregon  97217
USA
503-735-3942  (phone/fax)

                Distributed: Thursday, December 19, 2002