Subject: Micromist

Micromist

From: Alicia Riley <ariley>
Date: Tuesday, December 10, 2002
We are interested in learning about the experiences that any of you
have had with water mist systems for fire suppression in libraries
and archives. Particularly, we are interested in costs for the
systems (new and retrofitted) and which of them meet the January
2002 fire code.  We know that various water mist systems have FM
approvals and are covered by NPFA, but that it is still up to the
locals if they wish to accept the approach within their
jurisdiction.  Any suggestions, comments, experiences will be
greatly appreciated.

    **** Moderator's comments: For a good introduction to micromist
    systems, see Nick Artim's "An Update on Micromist Fire
    Extinguishment Systems" in the WAAC Newsletter
    <URL:http://palimpsest.stanford.edu/waac/wn/
        wn17/wn17-3/wn17-309.html>

    The above URL has been wrapped for email. There should be no
    newline.

Julie Arnott
Preservation Manager
SOLINET