Subject: Regional reporters for AIC

Regional reporters for AIC

From: Rebecca A. Rushfield <wittert>
Date: Friday, December 6, 2002
    author.

I apologize for using the DistList for what is really AIC business.
Unfortunately, because this topic came up very recently, I missed
the deadline for the January issue of the AIC News and would have to
wait for the March issue to inform people.

About a decade ago, as part of an effort to develop outreach
programs, the AIC recruited a group of members to keep it informed
of conservation activities in various parts of the country. Each of
these "Regional Reporters" would monitor newspapers and other
publications in his or her city or state for stories related to
conservation. The Director of Public Information, whose functions
are now performed by the Director of Communications, collected the
articles, kept a database of publications and journalists, and
attempted to form relationships with them.

Over the ensuing years, the Regional Reporters project lost
momentum. The AIC would like to revive it as part of a program to
foster communications with the media.

This is a call for volunteers to serve as Regional Reporters. The
position involves a minimal time commitment, but serves an important
purpose. Interested persons should contact

    Rebecca Rushfield
    66-10-149th Street,#4C
    Flushing NY 11367
    718-575-2702 (phone/fax)