Subject: Perspex

Perspex

From: Mark Vine <vpackthread>
Date: Thursday, December 5, 2002
UVVE perspex/plexiglass products have been around for some time and
continue to be offered in a variety of thicknesses, what makes this
grade so special is its thinness, at just 1 mm (+/- 0.2 mm) it could
be placed between a matted print and the glazing and replaced in the
original rebate of a frame or used within double sided mats.

A number of National collections preferred this style of protection
to UV treated glazing and we were able to have a relatively small
making produced every few years to cater for what was a limited
demand.

In the last few days I have been given a provisional undertaking
that a new making will be considered, a sheet size of 1200 x 1250 mm
can be produced due to modern advances in production and quality
assurance but is subject to our taking several hundred sheets.

By modern production standards the proposed making could be
considered low but as Conservators and Custodians will realise only
too well ... 'a little goes a long way' in Conservation, and based
on previous usage that little would result in a 30 year supply for
us.

Would any interested parties please contact me soonest.

Mark Vine
Conservation Resources
Cowley, Oxford, England
Fax: +44 1865 747035