Subject: Professional exchange

Professional exchange

From: Marianne C. Novotny <marianne.novotny>
Date: Monday, December 2, 2002
I am a textile conservator working as a member of a team of 3
textile and 2 objects conservators at the Art History Museum in
Vienna. I am in charge of of the collections Wagenburg and
Monturdepot. The Wagenburg houses the royal carriages while the
Monturdepot contains a large collection of costumes that were in use
during the Habsburg reign. (learn more about the museum at
<URL:http://www.khm.at>)

We have always been interested in exchanging knowledge and ideas
with other conservators on a national and international level. In
1998, we organised a first professional exchange with the
conservation department of the National Museum of Budapest
(Hungary). In that case, a textile conservator spent a month with
the team in Vienna while I worked with the team of conservators in
Budapest.

For the upcoming year of 2003/04, we are looking for a textile
conservator who works with a similar collection in order to organise
a professional exchange with me, Marianne Novotny, a textile
conservator of 13 years of experience. The duration of the exchange
should be of a minimum of 1 month to up to a year.

Interested professionals please contact

    Marianne C. Novotny
    Textil- und Lederrestauratorin
    Wagenburg/Monturdepot
    Schlo_ Schvnbrunn
    1130 Wien
    +43 1 877 86 92
    marianne.novotny [at] khm__at

                Distributed: Wednesday, December 4, 2002