Subject: Water damage to furniture

Water damage to furniture

From: Jillian Adams <jillianadams>
Date: Friday, November 29, 2002
Some of you may remember me from the marble cleaning question I had
a few months ago. Thanks to all that helped us with that.The other
hat I wear is as a caretaker at a museum in Boston. We've had a
recent small crisis there that I am hoping someone can help us with.

Our museum uses some of its museum space as function space.
Unfortunately, we've had a recent accident with one of our quality
pieces. A guest left a sweating glass on our side buffet. Does
anyone know of ways to work magic (short of incantations) to remove
the white "stain"? (I do realize that it isn't a stain, but moisture
trapped under the finish.) Our inventory lists this piece in the
following manner: "Carved mahogany and veneer Empire Sideboard with
rope-twisted front, candle stands on ends. The rectangular top, 71
1/2 by 24 inches, (brasses replaced). American, c. 1840".

Jillian Adams
Loring-Greenough House

                Distributed: Wednesday, December 4, 2002