Subject: Faded map

Faded map

From: Deborah Rohan <deborah.rohan>
Date: Thursday, November 28, 2002
I have just had a telephone enquiry regarding a faded 17th C. map.
Apparently it was 'revived' (I'm not sure whether that involves
chemical treatment, re-inking, or what) in 1968, and has now faded
again. The owner asks if there is anything we can do. Until I see
it, of course, I can't know what the problem is, but does anyone
know about what sort of process might have been used in 1968, that
would fade again in 40 years? This is an area I have never
researched.

Deborah Rohan, Conservator
Cambs. Archives Service

                Distributed: Wednesday, December 4, 2002