Subject: Pigeon droppings

Pigeon droppings

From: Susan E. Schur <ses_tec_con>
Date: Thursday, November 28, 2002
Gregor Trinkaus-Randall <gregor.trinkaus-randall [at] state__ma__us>

>In talking with one of our building consultants today, I was asked
>what potential diseases, etc. can result from the substantial
>presence of pigeon droppings in an attic and on a dropped ceiling in
>a library. ...

There was an article in the Winter 1980 issue of "Technology and
Conservation" on the health dangers of pigeon droppings. Several
diseases can result from inhaling dust generated when pigeon
droppings are shoveled, etc., and these can be fatal.

Copies of the Winter 1980 issue of T&C are still available for
purchase. If you are interested in getting a copy of this issue,
contact

    Technology and Conservation
    76 Highland Ave.
    Somerville MA 02143 U.S.A.
    617-623-4488
    Fax: 617-623-2253.

Susan E. Schur
Publisher-Editor, Technology and Conservation

                Distributed: Wednesday, December 4, 2002