Subject: Pesticides

Pesticides

From: Jorge Mamede <paesmamede.jmamede>
Date: Saturday, November 16, 2002
Paolo Recanati <consob [at] imj__org__il> writes

>Objects on loan or donated to our Museum may arrive from abroad with
>hungry termites, with paper eating silverfishes or just with their
>eggs, potentially contaminating other "clean" items. As a preventive
>measure, every single object (containing any kind of organic
>material) that enters our Museum, must spend some time in a
>"quarantine" room. Soon after, it is treated in a special sealed
>room with some chemicals such as Permetrin (sort of smoke) or in a
>"bubble" with Methyl Bromide or Phosphin (the latter not on metals)
>that can kill also eggs.

We are a Portuguese company that acts in conservation/disinfestation
areas. We construct inert gases disinfestation chambers and also
convert  old ethylene oxide chambers to be used with inert gas.

The actual tendency is working with inert gases (anoxic conditions),
instead of using toxic products to control pest.

Jorge Mamede
Paes Mamede, Lda.
R. Prof. Dias Valente, 32B
2765-294 Estoril