Subject: Source for isinglass

Source for isinglass

From: Martin Strebel <rest>
Date: Saturday, November 9, 2002
Heidi Sobol <heidisobol [at] hotmail__com> writes

>I am searching for a supplier of a *good* quality isinglass. ...

We are using isinglass from

    Kremer Pigmente
    Farbmuhle D-7971 Aichstetten
    +49 7565 1011
    Fax: +49 7565 1604

As far as I know he has a shop in New York. He has two qualities of
isinglass. One is bleached the other one is the Saliansky isinglass
non bleached. I recommend you the Saliansky isinglass. Prof. Rober
Fuchs from Koln (Germany) mentioned that for bleaching isinglass the
Russians use chlorine bleaching compounds and that residues of the
bleaching compound may be found in the isinglass.

Martin Stebel
book and paper conservator
Atelier fur Buch- und Papierrestaurierung
Bahnhofstrasse 15
CH-5502 Hunzenschwil
+41 62 897 39 70
Fax: +41 62 897 00 46

                Distributed: Thursday, November 14, 2002