Subject: Adhesive for polyester film

Adhesive for polyester film

From: Karen Brown <kebrown>
Date: Tuesday, November 12, 2002
Karen Wall <kewall [at] risd__edu> writes

I'm uncertain what your application is.  One option, besides using
an adhesive, is to use a heat welder (such as those designed for
encapsulation) to adhere board to Mylar.  The attachment is a long,
thin weld, rather than overall, but it may serve your purposes.  If
you have other equipment available that will provide an overall heat
source it could be worth experimenting.  My experience has been that
it is very easy to burn the paper, but if you are careful with the
timing the results can be very satisfactory.  I hope this is
helpful,

Karen Brown
University at Albany Libraries, Preservation Department

                Distributed: Thursday, November 14, 2002