Subject: Grafix Duoshade on bristol board

Grafix Duoshade on bristol board

From: Rowena Jameson <rjameson>
Date: Friday, November 8, 2002
Is any one familiar with Grafix Duoshade boards?  (They are
primarily used by graphic artists for producing pen and ink
cartoons.  One or two developers are applied to the commercially
prepared boards to produce areas of shading.) We have been asked to
loan for exhibition approximately 30 works on these boards and I
have been unable to find any information about their sensitivity to
light, temperature and humidity.  I need to be able to recommend a
safe display period, light levels etc.

I have contacted the manufacturer <URL:http://grafixarts.com> but
I thought I would try the DistList at the same time in case anyone
has had some experience with displaying works of this kind.

Rowena Jameson
Exhibition Conservator
National Library of Australia
+61 2 6262 1597