Subject: Digital microscope

Digital microscope

From: Rachael Arenstein <arensteinr>
Date: Wednesday, November 6, 2002
We are interested in purchasing the Scalar ProScope USB handheld
digital microscope for our institution.  We plan on using it to
enlarge views, and capture digital images of pests trapped as part
of our collections monitoring.  We would be very interested to hear
a review from anyone who has experience using this tool in any
context (i.e. entomology, education, invertebrate zoology, etc).
Alternatively, if anyone is using a different tool for this purpose,
we would be grateful for any suggestions.

Rachael Perkins Arenstein
Conservator
National Museum of the American Indian
Research Branch