Subject: Wool felt

Wool felt

From: Cathy Atwood <atwooc>
Date: Monday, October 28, 2002
Jodie Lee Utter <ewpc1 [at] yahoo__com> writes

>I am trying to find a source for 100% wool felt blankets.  The
>blankets are used, in paper conservation, during treatment as part
>of the drying process.

We have used a felt from Lee McDonald for many years, and have been
very happy with it.  He currently stocks an alternative wool felt to
the one we started with.  But because we were able to place larger
orders Lee did special orders of the original felt for us as
recently as April 2002.

Our favorite wool felt from Lee is his FE-FB90, which is the 90 by
108 inch size.  FYI, the size of this felt after initial washing is
usually 73 by 98 inches.

You can find Lee S. McDonald Inc. at:

    PO Box 264
    Charlestown MA 02129
    617-242-2505
    Fax: 617-242-8825

Cathy Atwood
Missouri Local Records Program

                Distributed: Wednesday, October 30, 2002