Subject: Educational opportunity sought

Educational opportunity sought

From: Ngaio Dewerse <ngaio>
Date: Thursday, October 24, 2002
    author.

I am seeking an opportunity within the UK to gain experience in the
area of book and paper conservation. It is my intention to pursue a
career in this area and I require some practical experience before I
am able to undergo my training.

I have an MA in history, a Masters of Library and Information
Studies, and three and a half years of library experience. This
includes two years working at the Alexander Turnbull Library, New
Zealand's main heritage library, where I worked closely with the
published heritage collections, including rare books.

I have attended a number of bookbinding workshops, executing various
projects including a coptic binding, guard book, sewing on raised
cords, and examples of non-adhesive bindings. Other related
activities have included a five-day letterpress printing workshop,
and a short course on papermaking for conservators held at West Dean
College earlier on this year.

I am willing to work on a volunteer basis, giving two to three days
a week for six months. Due to financial considerations I would need
this work to be based outside of London and the wider London area.
Referees can be supplied on request.

Ngaio Dewerse

                 Distributed: Friday, October 25, 2002