Subject: Photo albums

Photo albums

From: Elisabeth Carr <e.carr>
Date: Wednesday, October 23, 2002
I am doing a research project on 'self-seal' albums, also called
magnetic or self-adhesive albums (these are albums that incorporate
leaves coated with strips of  a slightly tacky adhesive onto which
the photos are laid and then held in position by a polymer film) and
am seeking information from anyone who has knowledge of their
history, materials and adhesives used in their construction or
degradation processes.  I would also be interested to hear from
anyone who has undertaken conservation treatments on these albums or
has seen the damage suffered to photographs.

Elisabeth Carr
MA Photographic Albums Conservation
RCA/V&A Conservation Course
Conservation Department