Subject: Storing saddles

Storing saddles

From: Jerry Shiner <info>
Date: Wednesday, October 23, 2002
William L. Hopkins <whopkins [at] uwyo__edu> writes

>We have recently acquired a number of western saddles that are old
>but in reasonably good condition.  The question we are now faced
>with is how to properly long term store these items.  ...

One option would be to store the saddles sealed in transparent
barrier film bags with an oxygen scavenger. This would provide
excellent protection from dust, pollution, humidity, and insects,
and would slow the natural decay of the leather.   More information
on these products may be found at <URL:http://www.keepsafe.ca>

Jerry Shiner
Keepsafe Systems
Supplies and Solutions for oxygen-free and micro climate storage

                 Distributed: Friday, October 25, 2002