Subject: Fungicides

Fungicides

From: Sally Woodcock <sally.woodcock>
Date: Friday, October 18, 2002
I would be grateful if anyone could give me information on
fungicides for two separate applications.  The first would be
incorporated into casein-based paint to be used on a wooden sundial
for external display and the second would be added to an
animal-derived consolidant, such as isinglass, when used for the
consolidation and facing of a painting.  In each case, there are
considerable advantages in using the collagen-based materials, but
there may be a possibility of encouraging micro-biological growth. I
have no experience of fungicides, their use or short- and long-term
effectiveness; therefore any information or leads to sources of
information would be a great help.

                 Distributed: Tuesday, October 22, 2002