Subject: Copper corrosion and health hazards

Copper corrosion and health hazards

From: Jack Ogden <jack>
Date: Wednesday, October 16, 2002
There is some discussion now in jewellery/lapidary circles of
allergies and possible health hazards relating to copper and copper
minerals such as malachite. I understand that some workshops have
even banned the working of malachite (copper carbonate). I just
wondered if any of you in metal conservation circles dealing with
copper alloy corrosion have more information?

Jack Ogden

                 Distributed: Tuesday, October 22, 2002