Subject: Window films

Window films

From: Karen Potje <kpotje>
Date: Thursday, October 3, 2002
We are looking for a translucent white window film which can be
applied to the *inside* of the back wall of a lexan display case in
which black and white photographs (historic and modern) will be
exhibited.  Since the film will be on the inside of the case neither
the support material, the adhesive, nor the materials used to make
it translucent should off-gas any vapours that will harm the photos.

We have looked into having the lexan etched but we've been told that
since the case is extremely large (6 metres long) an etched surface
may not be consistently translucent over the entire length.  It will
also be prohibitively expensive.

Karen Potje
Head, Conservation Department
Canadian Centre for Architecture