Subject: National Council for Conservation-Restoration (NCCR)

National Council for Conservation-Restoration (NCCR)

From: Kate Colleran <colleran>
Date: Thursday, October 3, 2002
Judith Gowland's posting (Conservation DistList Instance: 16:23
Wednesday, September 25, 2002) on the subject of the National
Council for Conservation-Restoration (NCCR) advises members of the
Institute of Paper Conservation to read pages 4 (and 5) of the
September issue of Paper Conservation News.  While I agree, I must
point out the inaccuracy of her description of the article as "a
short piece by Carole Milner".  It is a Statement of Accord which
has been agreed by all members of the NCCR Council, including the
Institute of Paper Conservation.

The Statement of Accord clearly states the NCCR's position.  My
Chair's Report on page 1 of the same PCN issue states, equally
clearly, the position of IPC. Both these statements can be assessed
on IPC's web site (see <URL:http://www.ipc.org.uk/> or the mirror
site in CoOL <URL:http://palimpsest.stanford.edu/ipc/>)

Kate Colleran
Chair of the Institute of Paper Conservation

                Distributed: Wednesday, October 9, 2002