Subject: Canvas stamps

Canvas stamps

From: Paula Dredge <paulad>
Date: Wednesday, October 2, 2002
I am trying to pin down a date of a canvas stamp from Lucien
Lefebvre; a colourman working in Paris in the early 20th century,
and probably also late in the 19th century (at 19 Rue Vavin and 2
Rue Brea). I know of recent published studies of French colourmen,
but only in the period slightly before this that does not include
Lefebvre. I also have an unpublished and unsourced file note of some
suggested dates for Lefebvre but it is not comprehensive. I am
hoping that someone may have some more detailed information on the
company.

                Distributed: Wednesday, October 2, 2002