Subject: Security strips

Security strips

From: Choulis Konstantinos <ckoulis>
Date: Thursday, September 26, 2002
I would like to know whether there is an efficient system to cover
microchips applied to books of eighteenth--nineteenth century. I
mean if there is a kind of adhesive label made of acid free paper
and a good quality glue. Our problem is to avoid creating damage on
the original pastedown of the book such as yellowish stain due to
the bad quality adhesive. Also we want to have a guarantee of
longevity of the label. Is there on the market a special product in
this field?

Konstantinos Choulis
Biblioteca Apostolica Vaticana

               Distributed: Thursday, September 26, 2002