Subject: Photographic Materials Conservation Group (PhMCG)

Photographic Materials Conservation Group (PhMCG)

From: Angela H. Moor <xfa59>
Date: Thursday, September 26, 2002
Photographic Materials Conservation Group (PhMCG)
Special one day meeting

The PhMCG Committee regrets that the group has not been able to meet
this year as a result of unresolved ongoing issues for the group and
heavy commitments in its committee's main activities; a common
problem with fledgling groups relying on volunteers. As the group
has been unable to meet this past year we took the decision not to
Invoice members for their subscriptions as we felt that charges
should not be levied for inactivity.

On the 6th of November 2002 the Group will hold a one day Special
meeting at the National Gallery, London, Sainsbury Wing, commencing
at 10.00am. The meeting will contain current papers and an
opportunity for the Chairman to bring the Group up to date on issues
of affiliation, accreditation and the NCCR.  We would encourage all
our member to be at the meeting, to encourage attendance there will
be no charge for this meeting, however, we would ask those attending
to buy their own lunch from the Cafe and Restaurants in the National
Gallery. Please register your attendance with

    Stephen Harwood
    Hon Treasure, PhMCG,
    The Public Record Office
    Ruskin Avenue
    Kew, Richmond
    Surrey TW9 4DU
    +44 208 876 3444 ext: 2452

If  there are specific issues or topics relating to the
conservation, restoration and preservation of photographs that
members would like to see addressed at the forthcoming meeting or,
for future meetings, please write or email <xfa59 [at] dial__pipex__com>
Angela Moor, the Programme Chair of the group. If you would prefer
to receive information by e-mail please send your e-mail address to
xfa59 [at] dial__pipex__com with subject PhMCG Member.

A membership renewal form for the group will be sent out in due
course and membership will recommence from 1st January 2003 to 31st
December 2003. To have full voting rites on group issues you need to
be a full member?

Ian L. Moor
Chairman PHMCG

               Distributed: Thursday, September 26, 2002