Subject: Double sided adhesive sheets

Double sided adhesive sheets

From: Will Jeffers <wjeffers>
Date: Thursday, September 26, 2002
Peter Verheyen <verheyen [at] philobiblon__com> writes

>Neschen manufactures a product called Gudy-870 which uses an acrylic
>adhesive on a silicon paper carrier. I've seen it listed on 10m
>rolls up to 60cm wide. Gudy 870 has passed the Image Permanence
>Institute's "Photo Activity Test" (PAT), and would be very suitable
>for your uses. I believe the PAT is comparable to the oddy test.
>More information can be found at
><URL:http://www.rit.edu/~661www1/sub_pages/8page8.htm>. In the US,
>suppliers are Gaylord Bros, University Products, Light Impressions.
>Not sure about Europe.

I ran the MFA's accelerated corrosion test (a variation of the
"Oddy" test) on Gudy 870 in 1999.  While it caused no corrosion to
form on a silver test coupon, it caused unacceptable levels of
corrosion to form on lead and copper test coupons.

Will Jeffers
Collections Care Scientific Research Assistant
Department of Scientific Research
Museum of Fine Arts
465 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02115
USA
617-369-3466
Fax: 617-369-3702

               Distributed: Thursday, September 26, 2002