Subject: Urine on photographs

Urine on photographs

From: Georgianne Bowman <ggbowman>
Date: Saturday, September 21, 2002
As North Collins (NY) historian and North Collins Historical Society
secretary, I have received the collection of late 1800s photographs
which my predecessor had collected.  Unfortunately, she had a number
of unneutered cats and the collection is polluting the whole room
where they are stored.

Is there any method (other than enclosing with zeolite cat litter)
which might help to remove the odor? Also, can cat urine stains be
successfully removed from such old photos?

Georgianne Bowman
North Collins Historian

               Distributed: Wednesday, September 25, 2002