Subject: Flooring

Flooring

From: Holly Keris <hollymoas>
Date: Friday, September 20, 2002
I'm looking for general guidelines on sealing unfinished concrete
floors in storage areas.  The contractor did not do so at the time
of construction 8 years ago (when the area was *empty*) and you can
now imagine the problems I am having with concrete dust.  Are there
any products specifically recommended (or abhorred?)?  What items
should I remove from the storage areas until the sealer dries
(furniture, paintings, natural history specimens, decorative arts,
archivally wrapped textiles, ethnographic objects, works on paper in
flat file storage)?

Holly Keris
Curator of Collections/Registrar
The Museum of Arts and Sciences,