Subject: Museum cabinet gaskets

Museum cabinet gaskets

From: Pete Sixbey <pete.sixbey>
Date: Thursday, September 19, 2002
Our institution purchased Delta Designs flag cabinets in 2000-2001.
A white powder has formed on the black gaskets and there is a
distinct odor. I have noticed this on cabinets at other
institutions. I would be interested in hearing from individuals who
have experienced this with cabinets at their institutions,whether
this was determined to be a problem,are collections at risk,and how
it is dealt with?

Pete Sixbey

               Distributed: Thursday, September 19, 2002