Subject: Window films

Window films

From: Monica Dean <mdean>
Date: Wednesday, September 18, 2002
I have been reading the archives, and wondered if there were any
different feelings on this subject since 1999.  I am the Curator of
Collections at the Molly Brown House Museum in Denver, CO.  We have
had UV filtering Plexi on our windows since the late '80s, and it is
time for it to be replaced.  We are in the process of researching
whether to replace the Plexi again with Plexi or to try the UV film.
The reason I am attracted to the film is that it also blocks out
heat (a major problem here in the summer time).  However, the
windows are historic, and I have heard all of the horror stories
about windows breaking when film removal was attempted.  Does anyone
know of anything new on the market that is easier to remove, or are
we safest staying with the Plexiglas?

Monica Dean
Curator of Collections
Molly Brown House Museum
1340 Pennsylvania Street
Denver, CO 80203
303-832-4092 x14
Fax: 303-832-2340

               Distributed: Thursday, September 19, 2002