Subject: Call for papers--Art forgeries

Call for papers--Art forgeries

From: Nathalie Jacqueminet <nathalie>
Date: Thursday, September 19, 2002
First Call for Papers: "Art Forgeries"
IIC Conference--Nordic Section
IIC-Nordic Group--Icelandic section
Reykjavik-Iceland June, 4-7, 2003

The IIC Nordic Group- Icelandic section organizes the NKF XVI
Congress. The event will take place in Reykjavik-Iceland 4-7th of
June 4-7, 2003. The congress' topic is Art forgeries.

The aim of the conference is to discuss the role of conservators in
revealing art falsifications. How do we deal with suspicions of
falsification? What scientific tools and techniques are available?
We also wish to discuss the becoming of fake works of art. Who
shares the responsibilities? We wish to encourage conservators and
conservation scientists from all branches who have had an experience
in that matter to join us. Abstracts should be sent before th. of
September 31, 2002. The deadline for papers is January 31, 2003. All
papers should be written in English.

We also hope to see many participants in Reykjavik next year.
Details will be available at <URL:http://www.mmedia.is/nkf-is>

    Nathalie Jacqueminet
    Chairman of the Organization committee
    nathalie [at] natmus__is

    Halldsra Asgeirsdsttir
    Chairman of the IIC Nordic Group--Icelandic section
    halldora [at] natmus__is

Nathalie Jacqueminet
Painting Conservator
Chairman of the Organization committee
National Museum of Iceland
Lyngas 7
210 Gardabaer
Iceland
+354 530 22 80
Fax: +354 530 22 81

               Distributed: Thursday, September 19, 2002