Subject: Photography in storage areas

Photography in storage areas

From: Sarah Hillary <sarah.hillary>
Date: Monday, September 16, 2002
It has been proposed that the photography of paintings at our new
offsite store is to be carried out in the storage area rather than
in a dedicated photography space.  Clearly there are advantages in
that the paintings would not have to be carried far, if at all.
However I am concerned about the use of storage for activities other
than the primary function and the increased risk of fire as a result
of the lighting equipment.

I would be very interested to know whether other institutions carry
out photography in their storage areas or not.

Sarah Hillary
Principal Conservator
Auckland Art Gallery Toi O Tamaki

                Distributed: Monday, September 16, 2002