Subject: Artists' suppliers

Artists' suppliers

From: Elizabeth A Wigfield <e.wigfield>
Date: Monday, September 2, 2002
I would be grateful for information on artist's suppliers in Germany
and Austria, as I have come across various canvas/stretcher stamps
(e.g. L.A. Schroeter in Berlin and W. Koller and Co. in Vienna). Are
there lists for continental artist's suppliers similar to the one
compiled by Cathy Leach on 19th century British suppliers?

Elizabeth Wigfield
Conservation of Easel Paintings
at the Laing Art Gallery
Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 8AG