Subject: Smoke machines

Smoke machines

From: William Minter <wmntr>
Date: Friday, August 30, 2002
Paul Harrison <paulehar [at] netvigator__com> writes

>Has anyone tried putting a stage/disco smoke generator in a display
>case? I want to see how much some cases leak and from where, but I
>wondered about the residue left behind by the machines.

Based on a recent visit to the Science Museum with my sons, we
learned that liquid nitrogen is used for producing fog on stage. I
would assume that nitrogen would not leave any residue? An open
container of liquid nitrogen will simply boil away.

Bill Minter

                  Distributed: Friday, August 30, 2002