Subject: A death

A death

From: Sally Shelton <shelton.sally>
Date: Friday, August 30, 2002
The following was received from Ross Simons, Friday, 9:37:43 AM
August 30, 2002

    It is with great sadness that I inform the Museum Community that
    Carolyn Rose, former Chair of the Department of Anthropology,
    passed away peacefully at The Washington Home at midnight,
    Thursday August 29, 2002. Her husband David Von Endt, her
    daughter Elizabeth and several friends were at her bedside.
    Carolyn's dedication to the Museum and her department were
    unmatched. We as her friends and colleagues will miss her
    positive presence dearly.

    Plans for a memorial service will be announced at a later date.

                  Distributed: Friday, August 30, 2002