Subject: Smoke machines

Smoke machines

From: Ines Maria Marques da Silva <ignis>
Date: Friday, August 23, 2002
Paul Harrison <paulehar [at] netvigator__com> writes

>Has anyone tried putting a stage/disco smoke generator in a display
>case? I want to see how much some cases leak and from where, but I
>wondered about the residue left behind by the machines.

If you use a CO2 machine you can be certain the fog is mostly water
condensation from chill, and some CO2.

If you don't want to buy one just for the effect, there are some web
sites that teach you to improvise a CO2 smoke machine (search Google
for "howto CO2 smoke machine")

Additionally you could hack a smoke/fire detector, one that can
detect levels of CO2 and use it around the outside of the show case
near corners and joints.

Personally, I've never done it but sounds good.

                Distributed: Wednesday, August 28, 2002