Subject: Oddy testing 3M clear adhesive tape

Oddy testing 3M clear adhesive tape

From: Will Jeffers <wjeffers>
Date: Monday, August 26, 2002
Helen Stockman-Todd <helen.stockman [at] brooklynmuseum__org> writes

>I am Oddy testing Scotch 3M Clear Adhesive Tape 4910 for sealing
>vitrine cases for the re-installation of our Egyptian collections.
>My tests have been inconclusive to date. Has anyone used this tape
>for similar applications and has Oddy tested it, getting a
>conclusive result?

We're currently using 3M Scotch 850 for sealing seams between
acrylic panels in our casework.  This product has passed our "Oddy"
test.

Will Jeffers
Collections Care Scientific Research Assistant
Department of Scientific Research
Museum of Fine Arts
465 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02115