Subject: Adhesives for Ethafoam

Adhesives for Ethafoam

From: Jerry Fahey <jfahey>
Date: Wednesday, August 21, 2002
Over the years I've used hot glue or water based contact cement to
adhere Ethafoam for shipping crate packing and collection padding.
Well, being the 21st century, I'm trying to find something a little
easier to use. I got in touch with the adhesive folks at 3M and they
suggested one of their Adhesive Transfer Tapes, #950. It's made
specifically for adhering foam products. I asked them about
off-gassing and they said it shouldn't be a problem. It works quite
well but I'm trying to get a second opinion on the off gassing.
Anyone out there have any feedback or other suggestions on a
suitable adhesive for foam products that are not as time consuming
or messy?

Jerry Fahey
Exhibits Designer
The University Museum
Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville

                  Distributed: Friday, August 23, 2002