Subject: Data management for IPM

Data management for IPM

From: Christine Del Re <delre>
Date: Tuesday, August 13, 2002
This is a question for those of you who are currently running an IPM
program or monitoring pests in any kind of way.

We are developing a IPM database using Access.  Because of the
difficulty in writing coherent reports, we thought to ask others
what they use.  What do you use to manage your data: database,
spreadsheet, charts?

We are also currently using a mapping program (Surfer) with our
database to better visualize data.  Is there anything that works
extremely well for your specific needs  or situation??  Is there
anything in the literature that I have overlooked that covers this?

Christine Del Re
Senior Conservator
Milwaukee Public Museum
800 W. Wells St.