Subject: Bookends

Bookends

From: Margit J. Smith <mjps>
Date: Friday, August 2, 2002
We have a large number of heavy, oversized books (too many to store
flat in the stacks and not *that* large) for which we need sturdy
book ends. The largest I have found are the ones by Gaylord, called
BigFoot, but several of my colleagues feel they are unstable since
they lack the short "foot" on the right side and are only 4" wide.
They are 11 1/4" tall. If anyone has found wider book ends of at
least that height, would you please let me know?

Margit J. Smith, Asst. Prof.
Head of Cataloging and Preservation
Copley Library
University of San Diego